After a long flight, Ben arrived safely in Paris. I met him at the airport and after dropping our bags off at the hotel, we wandered off to see the city. Paris was a great place for us to start our trip because I already know the city well. It easy for us to get around and see the major sites in our limited time and gave Ben some rest time to get over jet lag. Also, since there is so much to do in Paris, there were new things for me to do and explore as well. We went up the l’arc de triomphe. I had visited it multiple times in the past, but had never taken the time to climb the stairs and see the view before.
And, if you’re looking for inspiration for your next trip to Paris, here are some of my favorite things to do:
- Le Marais, the jewish quater. This quarter is filled with cute little coffee shops and the best falafel of your life. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed.
- Visit museums! You could easily spend your whole Paris trip in museums (there are 100+ museums in the city). My favorites are the musée Rodin and the musée Marmottan Monet.
- Shakespeare and Company, my favorite bookstore, conveniently located right by the Notre Dame Cathedral
- Eat traditional French food without breaking the bank at the Bouillon Chartier
- Get a birds-eye view of the city! You can choose to go up the Eiffel Tower, L’arc de triomphe, Montparnasse, or look out from outside the Sacre Coeur.
- Take a boat tour. It’s a great way to relax and sit down after a long day of walking, all while getting a new perspective of the city.